5.03.2005

how many errors are in a "comedy"?

Maybe I'm just particularly cranky. Maybe it's the other PMS: Post Menstrual Syndrome (That's right fellas, we're hormonally evil ALL the time!). Or maybe people just really need to stop pissing me off. But regardless, I'm in a bad ass freaking mood today.

Let's go back, shall we, to yesterday afternoon. As my afternoon at work came to a close, I realized I had a LOT more work to do. I was sure it was only 2:00 or so, but suddenly it was 4:30, and I was screwed. No matter how fast I worked, I wasn't going fast enough. I don't like that, especially when paired with some moderate panic about being unprepared for school that was coming in less than 2 hours, and having to make sure I stopped first to get a sandwich so I wouldn't pass out from hunger when I met my personal trainer at 9:30pm AFTER work, AFTER class, and BEFORE collapsing from exhaustion.

So, I stress but I manage to find a stopping point in my work, run out the door to the ATM so I can buy a dinner slightly more elaborate than a big soft pretzel from a vendor on the street, which I then bolt up to the classroom and inhale as class begins, hoping the smell of my egg sandwich isn't permeating the nostrils of my undeserving classmates.

Class ends, and I bolt off to the subway to get to the gym by 9:30. I get there around 9:25, springtdownstairs and get changed, and bolt back up to the pre-arranged meeting area to wait for my trainer. And I waited...and waited....and waited...for 23 minutes, at which time I fended off tears of frustration and went to the elliptical trainer to move my legs very fast. The trainer never surfaced, and I decided if he did, I was most likely going to slap him and walk out the door anyway. So after I "ran" for about 20 minutes, I went to stretch, but instead started to cry for no apparent (or was it PMS) reason, and while I took shallow choppy breaths to suppress my giant sob, I ran back to the lockerroom and got all my stuff.

I walked home resembling some sort of sherpa or pack mule, trying to talk myself through some happy thoughts, but could only think about my dog having her malignant tumor removed in surgey the next morning (today) which truly worsened the situation. I went through the series of self-deprecating inner thoughts, such as "I'm too fat" and "my life is a mess" and "why am I so tired?" and "my underwear is really far up my ass." Finally I just found myself looking forward to a nice hot shower that I could cry in, then bed.

I got home and dropped all my bags at the door. I stepped out of my shoes and went straight into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I took my clothes off and waited the standard amount of time before sticking my hand back in the shower--except something was very, VERY wrong. The water was ICE COLD.

You need to understand--my apartment's remarkable contribution to my life so far has been cold-off-a-glacier water that runs in my bathroom. Not the kitchen--just the bathroom. So when I am thirsty for a refreshing glass of of water that will give me a brain freeze, I fill up from the bathroom sink. This is wonderful EXCEPT when I am trying to take a shower and there isn't even ONE molecule of warm water mixed in, as was the case as my depressed, sweaty, naked ass sat in the bathroom last night.

So naturally, I just cried. I cried as I turned off the shower and washed my face with a towel. I cried as I went into the livingroom and closed the window against the suddenly arctic air outside. I cried as I put on whatever clothes were on top of the pile on my bed, and cried when I laid down on top of the pile on top of my bed.

And that is where I woke up this morning, in exactly the same mood, and an hour late. Now I'm at work, lamenting my own existence, and while I am seemingly past the point of tears, I already feel very sorry for the first person to piss me off today. (The tall bitch with ugly shoes that I knocked down in the subway was almost the first, but I didn't actually exchange words so she doesn't count.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

waaahhh

Anonymous said...

and another waahhh waaah!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and you two Waaah waaah's would be lying in a heap if you had the nerve to say it to her face...

Anonymous said...

Regarding the water problem perhaps you should bathe in the kitchen. I can remember giving you baths in the kitchen sink and you loved them!

Anonymous said...

Hey anonymous 742..WAAH WAAH TO YOU TOO! WAAH! WAAH!