5.04.2005

the man of my dreams.

This morning I woke up (very, very late) and realized that I'd been having a very interesting dream.

I was in a house. My new home. It was old and charming but quite run down. I walked through it with various family members ranging from my deceased grandfather (whistling, of course) to a brother that I don't have. Upstairs, past the gorgeous dining room with the soggy floor, there was some sort of plank of wood that crossed over into another, newly built house. They were both mine, these houses, and I knew it and was very excited.

As my family crossed over into the new house, I turned around to the man behind me. Apparently, he was also mine. He seemed like my husband, but I'm not sure if we were married. He was a big guy. As in, strapping. I couldn't get my arms around him. He was a like a tree trunk. But he was so happy that I was happy, that he waited until the last person walked across the plank, then took the plank away, and threw me to the floor for a romp, which was great and hot and steamy until I stopped him, screaming "Oh my god! My brother! My brother!" who had somehow made it back into the room and was watching us.

Now, there are several reasons why this whole thing makes me scratch my head and ponder.

1) Who was this man, my husband? At first I thought he had the body of John Cena. Then when I thought more about his face, I realized he looked like Travis from "Son In Law." I was talking about the former on Sunday, and I mentioned the latter movie yesterday, but didn't mention Travis at all. I was just singing "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" and picturing Pauly Shore driving a big tractor.

2) Why the hell did I have a little brother, roughly age 9? I only have a sister, and she's 22. I'm guessing that this one has a little more to do with the very realistic fact that in about 3 weeks I'm about to inherit 4 stepbrothers. But none of them are that young. So all I can say is: Dad, please. No more.

3) Why were my non-existent family members walking a plank in the first place? Are we pirates? Did I have striped stockings and a patch on one eye? No. So...what the hell.

4) Why did I have two houses? Why do I vaguely recall that one of them was partially submerged in water? How did we get to the house when it was surrounded by water? Won't there be a lot of mold and mosquitos?

Dreams are weird, no doubt about it. Sometimes they scare me. But this time, I'm silently hoping that this Travis Cena creation really exists and I'll meet him soon. Especially if there's a throw-me-to-the-floor-and-take-me-now romp involved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No more??? Don't be worrying too much about that one, I think it's unanimous!!! ;) Besides, it just wouldn't be the Brady Bunch with seven!

ARRrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

waaahhhh

Anonymous said...

Who's the "waaahhh" sicko? No doubt a big fan who can't resist reading everything you write!