9.19.2005

ENOUGH!

I've totally had it.

I was just sitting on the couch, watching tv, painting my toes, minding my own business, when a dark object moving on the white wall attracted my attention. A familiar sense of dread overcame my body.

What was it, you ask?

IT WAS A FUCKING CENTIPEDE!!! A HUGE FUCKING CENTIPEDE!!

After the goddam cockroach, the asshole mouse, now I am back to square one with a motherfucking centipede?!?!

I stood up, picked up a shoe, and approached the wall. And with a giant smack, I ended its life.

Then I turned around to write this blog, and saw another movement out of the corner of my eye. I approached the window sill with the same goo-covered shoe, and killed another baby one.

Now, of course, I'm about to cry, and totally afraid to sleep. I'm convinced that someone in the basement is shaking things up, and sending all these assholes into my apartment, and I DON'T LIKE IT.

wah.

(And yes, I've just left a message for my Super.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh, Steph, you are having a bad time of it, aren't you! Where were all these creepy critters when you first moved in? Gini told me yesterday that she could relate to you because when she went downstairs to do the laundry, out of the corner of her eye she saw this "megapede" galloping across the floor and was horrified! Keep calling the super!

Anonymous said...

Oh well, so much for living alone! ;)

Sorry to hear about your troubles with unwated guests!

windy city girl said...

No rest for the critter-weary, I see. Good luck, my friend.