8.09.2005

injury/mini-post

So this morning, getting off the damn train at the "green light" stop mentioned yesterday, and getting bottlenecked at the door, I experienced the very normal scenario where the "Stand clear of the closing doors!" announcement occurred before I was even off the train (let alone anyone had gotten on it). Usually you get 2 or 3 announcements just to scare you and get you to hustle. Today, we got half of ONE. "Stand clear of the--WHAP!" Before I knew what was happening, I was being shoved with linebacker-like force, launching me haphazardly into the open arms of people waiting to board the train. Upon realizing it was the fucking door that shoved me, I gazed angrily down the track at the outstretched head of the asshole who pushed that button while the open arms around me redirected their efforts to holding the doors open so at least two or three people could get on the damn train.

I tell ya. I survived three separate beatings by elevator doors yesterday only to get assaulted by the train doors today. I need some body armor!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Stepha, I hope like hell when you looked down the tracks at Asshole that you flipped him off NY style!

Anonymous said...

And this is just one more reason why you sooo love New York!!!

Anonymous said...

Fitchburg is looking better all the time huh?

Steph said...

You kiddin' me? I'll take this subway slam over Fitchburg any day. When I need to pick up my laundry at 11pm, I can get it in NYC! If I am making eggs at 3am to nurse a hangover, I can find an open store in NYC! Not in the mood to cook? 632 restaurants will deliver within 30 mins. Aaah, New York.

Anonymous said...

hahaha, i agree Stephanie. Since I was born and grew up in Leominster, like you I was glad to get the hell out of dodge. Unfortunately, since my family still lives there, I must visit it frequently. New York is a great place to visit, I just wouldn't want to live there...

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

damn f@$#%$g SPAM!!! it's bad enough in email, now they are attacking blogs. mother f@$#$@%!!!!

Anonymous said...

Spam, eggs, bacon, sausage and spam hasn't got hardly any spam at all in it!

Anonymous said...

where'd you go? are you on vacation or something? did you get hit by a bus?